Recipe: Mini Banana Nut Donuts
Since posting the recipe for mini donuts, the kiddo and I have been all about using the mini donut pan. After a few modifications, I came up with a banana donut (using mochi flour) with a cream cheese glaze, topped with nuts. A voila my mini banana nut donuts — YUM!
Keep reading for my mini banana nut donuts recipe!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mochi flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, to top
- Preheat oven 325F.
- Lightly grease (or butter) donut pan.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift flour, mochi flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in brown sugar, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mash bananas until mixture is lightly chunky. Mix in applesauce, egg, and vanilla, followed by remaining dry ingredients. Stir (beat) until all ingredients are combined.
- Scoop mixture into a gallon plastic bag (or pipping bag, if you have one).
- Snip corner of plastic bag and pipe batter into mini donut pan.
- Bake for about 15 mins, should be light brown and ‘springy’ to touch.
- Whisk sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in small bowl, add milk as necessary to ‘thicken’ the mixture.
- Glaze cooled donuts and top with chopped walnuts — NOM
- I use mochi flour because I like the ‘sticky’ texture it brings to baked goods. If you can’t find it, replace with all purpose flour.