Recipe: Banana Crumb Muffins
Bananas have been a staple in our house since we found out it was a minion fav. The down side of having bananas all the time, is they get ripe, REALLY FAST. As a result, we have had to get crafty on how we back these bad boys. From banana donuts, to pudding, and now muffins (pause for effect) I kinda feel like I need some minions of my own. Ya heard!
Keep reading for my banana crumb muffins recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until blended. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together: banana, sugar, egg, butter, and almond extract until mixture is smooth.
- Stir (beat) mixture into large bowl with dry ingredients until batter is just blended.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan, filling each cup a little over halfway full.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together: brown sugar, molasses (you don’t need molasses, I just really like the taste), flour, cinnamon, and butter. Don’t over mix, should be coarse. Sprinkled topping over muffins.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes up clean.
- Let muffins cool before removing from pan and enjoy — YUM!