Recipe: “Reese’s Surprise” Cupcake
Usually Jess is the resident baker on Mimi & Chichi. But since homegirl just started the ’21 Day Fix’ diet yesterday, I thought I’d take over #FatKid duties for a few weeks. (Look away, Jess. Don’t make eye contact with the cupcakes!)
I first saw this candy stuffed cupcake recipe on Sarah Frye’s blog, Life Of A Frye. I thought her idea of using leftover Cadbury eggs was ingenious, even though I don’t care much for Cadbury eggs. But that doesn’t mean the concept cannot be adopted for other candies. And since I love Reese’s peanut butter cups, that seems to be the most logical option for me.
Truth be told, I was tempted to take the super lazy shortcut and make this cupcake with store bought cake mix. But I thought I’d do Sarah’s recipe justice and construct it from scratch. Turns out it really wasn’t that hard. Read on to find out how you can make these yummy decadent cupcakes in about 30 minutes.
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 carrot stalk, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 (6 oz) pack baby kale
- 1 can white beans
- 1 (32 oz) box low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken in 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Wrap loosely in aluminum foil and bake in the oven. The chicken will cook while you prep the other ingredients (about 25 minutes).
- Heat up the other 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large pot.
- Sauté diced onion and carrot, until onion is slightly translucent.
- Add coriander, chili, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic and shallot. Sauté for an additional 15 minutes.
- Rinse white beans and add to the pot, along with chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer and add baby kale.
- Take chicken out of the oven and shred using two forks.
- Add shredded chicken to pot and increase heat to bring stew back to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.