Recipe: Rose Water Madeleines
Who loves butter cookies aka Madeleines — (hand raised) ME, ME! It’s basically the perfect dessert, as it is a cookie and a cake all in one (hello, fat kid heaven). This recipe was concocted after I accidentally purchased rose water in bulk from Amazon. YES, I know what you’re thinking … HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? Well it’s because I didn’t read the description, that’s right, I’m one of the people who purchase by picture (cause who doesn’t). So instead of only one bottle I now have three, which means: prepare yourself for recipes galore using rose water (ching)!
Keep reading for my rose water madeleines recipe!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- powdered suger (to top)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together: eggs, sugar, rose water, and almond extract until fluffy. Add butter and continue to mix.
- In a medium bowl, sift together: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients with mixture until just blended.
- With a spoon scoop batter into pan, filling each shell until almost full.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until brown around the edges and springy to the touch.
- Let Madeleines cool and gently tap out of the pan. Top with powdered sugar (if you want).