Recipe: Ooey Gooey Cake Cookie
Don’t worry, you didn’t read the blog title wrong. Today’s recipe is simultaneously a cake and a cookie because it’s a cookie make out of a cake mix (get it). This recipe is hands down one of my favorite because it’s super easy to do. And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that most people I serve this to has a hard time eating just one.
This recipe, one of Paula Deen’s, originally calls for a chocolate cake mix. But I found that you can pretty much use any cake mix you want. I’ve done it with Devil’s Food, Red Velvet, and even Vanilla with an added pink food coloring for a baby shower. I’m making today’s cookie for a wedding shower, so I thought I’d leave it plain white for that “bride-y” feel.
Ready to make a batch of your own? Read on to find out how easy it is to make these mega delicious cookies.
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 carrot stalk, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 (6 oz) pack baby kale
- 1 can white beans
- 1 (32 oz) box low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken in 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Wrap loosely in aluminum foil and bake in the oven. The chicken will cook while you prep the other ingredients (about 25 minutes).
- Heat up the other 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large pot.
- Sauté diced onion and carrot, until onion is slightly translucent.
- Add coriander, chili, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic and shallot. Sauté for an additional 15 minutes.
- Rinse white beans and add to the pot, along with chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer and add baby kale.
- Take chicken out of the oven and shred using two forks.
- Add shredded chicken to pot and increase heat to bring stew back to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.