Who doesn’t LOVE a good scone UH crazy people, that’s who. Anyways the problem with scones is they are usually made with heavy cream OR real milk and that does NOT agree with my tummy (sad face). Soooooo to help remedy that sitch, I make it with some almond milk and the oh so popular and chic greek yogurt.
Keep reading for my blueberry scones recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5tbsp unsalted butter (cold) cut in chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix almond milk and greek yogurt until mixture looks smooth, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix in butter with pastry knife (or forks) make sure to coat all the pieces of butter, should look like buttery crumbs.
- Gently mix the blueberries into flour, you don’t want to squish them.
- Push the mixture to the sides of the bowl and pour in yogurt mix. Using your hands fold everything together until everything is mixed (don’t over work the dough).
- Press dough out on a lightly floured surface and shape into a giant rectangle. After that cut into mini squares, then mini triangles (classic scone shape, DUH). Place the scones onto cookie sheet and brush the tops with remaining yogurt mix.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until scones are a pretty brown!
- Let scones cool and top with vanilla lemon glaze.