I LOVE a good sugar cookie — SERIOUSLY! I’ll even break down and buy a tub of grocery store sugar cookies on my FK (fat kid) days (don’t judge, you prolly do this too). Any-who the point is, I had to figure out a way to eat these goodies without feeling guilty. Throw in a little wheat flour, follow that up with some Greek yogurt (trendy!), top it all off with fruit and out comes something ya girl can work with.
Keep reading for my health(ier) sugar cookie recipe!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Using a mixer, combine butter, yogurt, and sugar until mixture looks smooth.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add almond extract until combined.
- Mix in flour, wheat flour, salt, and baking powder until combined (careful not to overmix or cookie dough will be tough).
- Lightly flour surface. Roll dough out, cut out cookies.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, till edges of cookies are a light brown.
- Top cookies with frosting (I use cream cheese) and any fruit you have in the fridge, then ENJOY!
- Let cookies cool before frosting and topping with fruit.